You may remember from previous posts that I love a little herb in my desserts – well, I also love a little herb in my drinks. Especially basil. And cilantro. And rosemary…ok I love them all. Give me a fennel-infused bloody mary with a touch of cilantro plus all the fixins and I’m a happy girl.
I was an equally happy girl when I found these easy summer cocktail and drink recipes: one uses limoncello and basil and the other uses wine and sparkling orange mineral water. Both can be made by the pitcher for groups and parties, and you can always infuse your own personality into the drink!
For the Limoncello Basil Cooler pictured at top, you can easily follow the recipe; it’s oh so refreshing after a long day. Or, to create a South of the Border version, use 1 part margarita mix and 1 part dry white wine instead of limoncello, add fresh lime and lemon juice, and replace the basil with cilantro. You can even add a dash of Tequila! And you can also make it a wine spritzer.
Oh Summer Cocktails, how I love you all.
Limoncello Basil Cooler
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil sprigs
- 1 bottle 750 ml limoncello liqueur, chilled, divided
- 1 bottle Sparkling Water or Wine
- Crushed ice cubes
- 6 basil sprigs for serving
- MUDDLE or smash 1/2 cup basil with 1/4 cup limoncello with a wooden spoon in a large pitcher. Add remaining limoncello and sparkling water.
- FILL glasses half full with ice. Top with limoncello mixture, holding back bruised basil; garnish with basil sprig.
Another super easy crowd pleaser is this recipe for Fruity White Wine Spritzer. These take no time to put together if you just follow the recipe (a little bit hard for me!) OR you can really go crazy substituting your favorite fruit, juices and herbs to get something totally unique.
Fruity White Wine Spritzer
- 2 cups white wine, chilled
- 1 cup Sparkling Orange Beverage or Water
- Ice cubes
- Orange slices and fresh mint sprig
COMBINE wine and sparkling water in pitcher.
PLACE orange slices and mint sprig in tall glasses; fill glasses half full with ice. Top with wine mixture.
Such a cool and refreshing summer treat.
This is absolutely great! Thanks for making this available.