If you’re cutting down on sugar and carbs, this ricotta almond cake made with almond flour (and a little coconut flour to keep it light) is delicious. Helpful for diabetics, keto and just children-near-bedtime, it’s also a classic Italian cake that’s great for mornings with coffee as well as after dinner. Or maybe even lunch by itself.
All the guys love it, and the kids too! And so will your waistline…plus your A1C number. 🙂
Recipe adapted from Deborah Mele of ItalianFoodForever.com.
Ricotta Almond Flour Cake
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar + 3/4 Cup Stevia sweetener
- 2 Cups almond flour + 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 Cup sliced almonds
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use baking spray or lightly grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat together the ricotta cheese, eggs, extract, and sugar blend until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon zest and almond flour.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes then remove the sides.
- Cool completely, then lightly dust the top with powdered sugar and serve.