White Chicken Chili
Try this delicious low-fat version of white chicken chili!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mild salsa verde
- 1 can 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen corn
- 1 can 12 fluid ounces Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Baked tortilla chips and light sour cream for serving optional
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook on each side until golden. Transfer chicken to plate; cover.
ADD onion to same saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in cumin and coriander; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in salsa verde, cannellini beans, pinto beans, water and corn. Cook for about 10 minutes or until hot.
CUT or shred chicken into bite-size pieces and add to saucepan along with any accumulated juices on plate. Stir in evaporated milk and spinach; cook for a few minutes just until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted. Serve topped with crumbled tortilla chips and dollop of sour cream.