Candy Bar Baby Cakes
These baby cakes are one of my favorite things I've ever baked. Congratulations to Dawn Myers Moore from Youngsville, PA for her delectable combination of vanilla cookies, chocolate, peanut butter, cream cheese, cream and Oh Henry! candy.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs about 33 cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Flavor Powder Nesquik or other
- 12 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1.8 ounces each OH HENRY! or your favorite candy bars, chopped (1 bar reserved for garnish)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
PREHEAT oven to 325° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 12 paper baking cups.
COMBINE cookie crumbs, melted butter and Nesquik in small bowl; mix well. Divide crumbs between 12 muffin cups and gently pat down to form a crust.
BEAT cream cheese and peanut butter in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in extract and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in half of chopped candy bars. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie crust in each cup.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
REMOVE papers from cheesecakes and place on a large serving tray or individual dessert plates. Prepare the ganache.
BRING whipping cream to a gentle boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in morsels. Use a wire whisk to whisk until completely combined and smooth. Let the ganache cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
SPOON ganache over the cheesecakes. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts. Top each with a piece of the remaining chopped candy bar. Return cheesecakes to the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until the ganache is firm. Remove and serve.