German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream Sundaes
My dad's favorite cake has always been German chocolate cake. Today, I join my dad in loving German chocolate cake. And even though I now know how to make chocolate layer cakes, I really love to make these German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream Sundaes instead. It's easy and satisfying and I don't even have to turn on my oven!
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 6 scoops German Chocolate Cake Spectacular Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup whipped cream optional
- 6 maraschino cherries optional
COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolk and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract, pecans and coconut. Pour into a bowl; cool to room temperature.
PLACE scoop of ice cream into each of 6 bowls; drizzle with topping. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries, if desired. Serve immediately.